48Views & Citations
Implant-site necrosis is a rare complication. Local pain was the main symptom, appearing within 35 days of placement. Ambulatory multidisciplinary treatment was undertaken. Local debridement and implant removal was performed in 4 out of five patients. Time to complete healing varied from 45 days -12 months, depending on the wound.
Keywords: Contraceptive implant, Insertion-Site necrosis, Complication, Severe side effects
- Peterson HB, Kathryn MC (2005) Clinical practice: Long-acting methods of contraception. N Engl J Med 353: 2169-2175.
- Graesslin O, Tjeerd K (2008) The contraceptive efficacy of Implanon: A review of clinical trials and marketing experiences. Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 13: 4-12.
- James T (2008) Reducing unintended pregnancy in the United States. Contraception 77: 1-5.
- Ramdhan RC, Simonds E, Wilson C, Loukas M, Oskouian RJ, et al. (2018) Complications of Subcutaneous Contraception: A Review. Cureus 10(1): e2132.
- Pedroso C, Martins I, Palma F, Machado AI (2015) Implant site Nexplanon reaction? BMJ Case Rep: bcr2014206256.
- Serati M, Bogani G, Kumar S, Cromi A, Ghezzi F (2015) Delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction against Nexplanon. Contraception 91(1): 91-92.
- Niederhauser A, Magann EF, Hoffman K (2011) An allergic reaction to Implanon placement and review of the literature. J Ark Med Soc 108: 92.
- Sullivan MJ (2012) Allergy to nexplanon. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 38: 272.
- Partridge R, Bush J (2013) Infections post-Nexplanon® insertion. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 39: 309-310.
- Maneshi A (2017) Nicolau Syndrome. Arch Iran Med 20(1): 60-64.
- Chaudhry F (2013) Adverse reaction to Nexplanon. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 39(3): 231-232.
- Creinin M, Kaunitz A, Darney P, Lisa S, Tonja, et al. (2017) The US etonogestrel implant mandatory clinical training and active monitoring programs: 6-year experience. Contraception 95: 205-210.
- Journal of Genetics and Cell Biology (ISSN:2639-3360)
- Proteomics and Bioinformatics (ISSN:2641-7561)
- Food and Nutrition-Current Research (ISSN:2638-1095)
- Journal of Veterinary and Marine Sciences (ISSN: 2689-7830)
- Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine (ISSN:2641-6948)
- Journal of Microbiology and Microbial Infections (ISSN: 2689-7660)
- Advances in Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology Research (ISSN: 2688-5476)